From Mailbag Documentation
If you want to download your spam messages using an email client such as Outlook Express or Apple Mail, you will need to change some of the default settings. See Email Client Spam settings for instructions
For more advanced Spam troubleshooting instructions, see Troubleshooting Anti-Spam Problems.
Default Spam Settings
The webmail system's default spam filter settings are as follows:
- Identified Spam is delivered to the Spam folder of the http://webmail.mailbag.com interface.
- Identified Spam is only visible in the webmail client.
- Identified Spam is not downloaded to via the pop client unless you log into http://webmail.mailbag.com and move it from the Spam folder to your inbox.
Accessing Anti-spam Settings
- 1. Log into the webmail interface at http://webmail.mailbag.com
- 2. Select Options
- 3. Select SPAM Filtering Options
Toggling Anti-Spam Preferences
- Toggle the preference settings at the right and select the Update Settings button
Whitelist and Blacklist Settings
- You can setup rules to either exempt specific senders from email filtering or cause them to always be considered spam with the left portion of the interface. This is described in detail in the anti-spam interface.