Frequently Asked Questions
From Mailbag Documentation
I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- Please use the Support Request Form to request your password be reset. Be sure to complete all of the required fields when making your request.
I need to change my password. Can I change it myself?
- Yes, you can. Please refer to the change password section - Changing Your Password.
I am unable to receive emails. What do I do?
- Please refer to the following check list:
- Are you able to send email? If not then there is a connectivity issue. Please contact your Internet Provider.
- Are you able to receive emails on the server by logging into your webmail (webmail.mailbag.com) account? If you are able to receive email on the webmail, it is likely that you are experiencing issues with your computer setup. Please contact your local hardware support vendor.
- Check the settings on your email client to see if the setting has been changed. Please refer to General Settings for E-mail Clients
I am unable to send emails. What should I do?
- Please confirm you are connected to internet. If not contact your Internet Service provider to assist with troubleshooting.
- If you are unable to send an email to more than five people, your Internet Service Provider may have flagged it as spam. Contact your Internet Service Provider to ensure your message has not been flagged as such.
- If you are unable to send an email to a specific individual, double check the email address to make sure the address is right. Also, the recipients should check to ensure their spam settings within their company or their own individual setting aren't blocking your incoming message.
Where would I find the SMTP (outgoing email) server of my Internet Service Provider?
- You can either call your Internet Service Provider's support center or go to their website.
I am getting a lot of spam emails. How do I block them?
- You can set and manage your own spam settings and filters. You can add/block email addresses by adding them to your blacklist. To change the spam settings, please refer to our help section on spam filtering.
My old messages disappeared! What happened?
Email left on the Mailbag server is automatically deleted after a certain amount of time, according to our email retention time policy. If you wish to save your old messages, download them using a POP email client before they are deleted.
How do I set up an Out-of-Office reply?
- Out-of-office reply is not available; however, you can have your email forwarded to a different email address which might have out-of-office functionality or to a different email address where you can be reached. To forward your email, please refer to the instructions at: Forwarding Your E-mail.
How do I stop forwarding my emails?
- Go to Options; Set Forwarding Address and leave the field blank in the mail forwarding box. Click submit. (This will cancel previous forwarding setting for your email account.) See also the instructions at: Forwarding Your E-Mail
My antivirus program has expired on my computer. What do I do?
- Please contact your antivirus program's vendor to renew your subscription.